Kayaking and Surf Skiing can be very dangerous and physically demanding activity. The paddler should understand the inherent risks of kayaking and surf skiing, which may involve injury or even death. The paddler acknowledges the risk involved in kayaking and surf skiing and that Stellar Kayaks Ltd. is not liable for any injury or harm inflicted upon the paddler while using Stellar Kayaks Ltd. products.
- Please reference the following guidelines for a safer kayaking experience.
- Always wear an approved PFD (personal flotation device). Please refer to local regulations.
- Always carry first aid, safety and rescue equipment.
- Never paddle alone, no matter how experienced you are.
- Tell someone your itinerary and expected duration of your paddle.
- Check the weather and water conditions before paddling.
- Get instructions as to the operation of this specific boat and never exceed your paddling ability.
- Practice rolling the boat and making a wet entry.
- Never use alcohol or drugs prior or during paddling.
- Thoroughly check over the boat before paddling - look for signs of wear or broken equipment.
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions:
- Cold weather or water can result in hypothermia
- Hot weather and strong sun can result in sun stroke and dehydration.
- Always carry supplies lasting longer than the expected duration of your journey.
- Scout unfamiliar waters to understand tidal currents, river currents, obstructions and where to portage.
- Consult your physician before paddling.
For any other questions pertaining to this boat and its operation, please contact Stellar Kayaks.
Stellar Kayaks Warranty
- 2-year limited warranty against defects in the materials and workmanship in the hull and assembly of Stellar Kayaks and Surf Skis, excepting honeycomb core- see below
- 1-year limited warranty against delamination of honeycomb cored boats
- 1-year limited warranty on paddles and accessories against defects in the materials and workmanship
- 1-year limited warranty against defects and assembly to parts and accessories
- The warranty only valid to the original owner
- It is up to Stellar Kayaks USA to determine whether to repair or replace any defective parts.
- If the boat is to be returned to Stellar USA or Stellar USA Dealer, the customer is responsible for any return shipping charge
- Normal wear and discoloration
- Cloudy areas in hull multi-sport construction clear gelcoat
- Moderate visible print through caused by heat/UV
- Damage from misuse or abuse from hitting objects and improper maintenance
- Damage from extreme weather or environmental conditions
- Damage from improper transportation or storage of the boat
- Damage caused by any alterations to the boat and or original parts
- Damage caused to the boats in "surf"
- Any boat designated as "demo"
- Kayaks used for promotional, commercial or rental purposes
Original invoice is the proof of purchase for your warranty claim - without it; Stellar Kayaks reserves the right to determine whether the boat is covered under warranty.